Monday 12 August 2013

Getting Ready for Danby Show

It is amazing how fast a year passes and Danby show is on Wednesday. Danby show is a traditional agricultural show in the moorland village of Danby. There are many small agricultural shows in villages and towns all round North Yorkshire and each show is held on the same day each year e.g Danby Show is the second Wednesday in August. There are sheep classes, horse classes, craft, cooking and many other classes for people to enter, trade stalls, a craft tent, food stalls and usually a bar. There are also falconry and sheep shearing displays.
We have been busy making crafts for my stall, I have made some felt rugs and spent the past few days busy sewing peg bags, note books, cushions and draught excluders (I'm hoping they sell as it is startig to feel slightly autumnal here) and Mother has been packing and labelling wool and fibres.  We did however take a few hours off last week for a trip to Flamborough.
Flamborough is one of the Yorkshire coast villages with its own traditional folk patterns for fishermans guernseys. I have some 5ply wool, currently natural cream but that won't last long, and would like to knit a guernsey I just need to decide which pattern to choose! I  should maybe finish the throw I am knitting first though.

No comments: